Thursday, January 19, 2012

Trip To CHINA! - Day 1

So, 2 weeks ago (January 5th, 2012) i just got back home from China. I'm going to tell you about my 12-days-journey in China :)

-DECEMBER 24, 2011-
I woke up as usual at about 4am and well, stretched a bit and you know just relaxed for a while after a 3-hour-sleep. Yes, only 3 hours. Because i used my 21 hours to get ready and ya know, being hyped for my trip to CHINA babyyyy!

Dad and mom took me to the airport. Dad was driving us while we listened to Michael Buble's Christmas Album. Duh, it was Christmas Eve and i won't celebrate Christmas AND New Year with my family. We arrived at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport at 5.30am. Nobody (in the group) was there so we decided to just have a walk around the airport UNTIL i saw my friend, Laura. She was with her dad and she carried a big travel bag and i'm quiet sure it was heavy as hell. Well, suddenly the whole people in the group were there in about 15 minutes after i saw Laura. I met a lot of new friends from different schools (well, they're from Penabur too but in different cities.) Our guide was Lao Shi Hetty, i forgot her chinese name but oh well :p

We gathered and took photos with a big poster. Seriously, that was the first time for me to feel like a celebrity! You know... When you stood there with the rest of the group and held a poster and people in front of you took photos of you like paparazzis. Oh my gosh. hahaha! Alright, photo session was done. Now, time to say goodbye to my parents. :(

Dad hugged me tight and so did mom. Both of them couldn't make it until my flight deported so... yeah that was sad. "Be careful, sweetie." dad said to me. I nodded and held my tears, WHAT?! I'M DADDY'S LITTLE GIRL. GEESSSH. So, my parents left the airport without me of course. While i hung out with Cindy, Marris, and Laura. We were the only 10 graders from Penabur Bintaro, the rest are Kak Gaby, Kak Sisca, Kak FK, and Kak Meli. At the waiting room, i talked with some of my new friends until... China Southern Airlines was ready for boarding!!! I got hyped, like seriously. I called my dad and told him that the flight is ready to be boarded. "Okay, honey. Safe flight! Don't forget to pray everyday and you may speak with strangers but DON'T trust them." wow, dad. hahaha. The plane was pretty cool and well yeah the stewards and stewardesses couldn't speak english. AT ALL. OMG I WAS LIKE "ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING MEEEHH?" so... i used body language to make them understand what i wanted. For example, when i was about to choose i drink, i pointed at the mineral water. Oh gosh this is terrible -.-

After a 5-hour-flight, we finally made it to Guangzhou! Yep, only for a transfer. We arrived at Guangzhou airport at 3pm and waited for the next 3 hours for our next flight to Wuhan. Seriously, the airport was really cool. No joke, dude. No joke. I checked on my iPod if there was any wi-fi connection. THERE WAS! HALLELUJAH! But......... i didn't work 0_o SHIZZLE! But thank goodness it worked at once, only for foursquare Not twitter. Cause, apparently twitter is forbidden in China. Alright, i made a shout on foursquare saying "KEZIA RIANY LETLORA! If you're reading this then tell everyone that i'm in Guangzhou waiting for my next flight!" i hope my sister read that. So, after we walked around this cool airport, our next flight to Wuhan was ready to be boarded! Woohoo! In the same airline and yeah... same stewards/stewardesses who didn't know how to speak English. Yay. So, the flight lasted for about 3 hours. We made it to WUHAN!!! The airport was as cool as Guangzhou. It was full of glasses which was really cool. We took our baggages and at the front, 2 people waited for us. They were a boy and a girl. Both of them are Chinese, they wore a yellow jacket. They spoke Chinese to Lao Shi Hetty and well... i didn't understand what they meant so i just stayed quiet. Finally, they led us outside and once the sliding door opened... OH MY JUSTIN DREW BIEBER, IT WAS SO FREAKIN COLDDDDD :O I took out my scarf, my gloves, and my woolen hat. Shizzle, a Marks&Spencer jacket wasn't enough to warm me up. I needed my coat but it was in my travel bag! ugh. We rode a bus and took a look at the beautiful Wuhan at night. The buildings were covered by amazing lights, yes it was very very very cool.

We arrived at the hotel, it was called "Wuhan International Hotel" which was located near the Eastern lake of Wuhan. It was 10pm and we entered the hotel with an amazed face. The hotel was awesome. We gathered at the lobby and Lao Shi gave us our room keys and a paper bag that had our yellow jacket, a pen, guide book, notes, and stuff. Cindy was actually my roommate but she switched her room key with Laura so, yep my roommate was Laura. Wasn't a big deal though. hahaha. I took my bags to our room on the 8th floor, i was in 815. Once i entered the room, well... i was like "OH MY GOSH. THIS IS MY ROOM? OHSUMMM" really, it was awesome. But the problem is.... THE BATHROOM HAD AN INVISIBLE GLASS SO WHOEVER IS INSIDE, PEOPLE CAN SEE THEM FROM OUTSIDE. Oh my gosh. The clock showed me the time, it was 11pm. I took out my bible and read some words and prayed. Uh oh, i got homesick. I couldn't stop the tears from my eyes, it was so sad. I couldn't give my dad about my situation right then but... i couldn't. So, i decided to sleep. I didn't care what would Laura think when she saw me crying. Before that, i wrote a note about my first day and then..... SLEEP TIME. Good night, Wuhan.

No comments:

Post a Comment